Caught behind but not out!

Saturday, January 28, 2006

Quote and Unquote Wicker Park


I saw this movie called Wicker Park a few months ago. The movie stuttered through the beginning but like symphonies that end with allegros the pace of the movie turned out to be awesome. It could be called a typical love story of sorts. However, its important to note that a movie is not about the story but its more about how the story is told. Wicker Park excelled in this respect.

A remake of the French movie L' Appartement (meaning what it sounds like in english) ; the story deals with a young executive, Mathew- a seemingly perfect life- engaged to a beautiful woman. His past however hides a passionate affair with a another woman Alex, whom he still loves. A sequence of events leads to him wanting to find Alex again (no this isnt remotely like Serendipity) And along this path there is a third woman Lisa who provides what Jeffery Archer would have happily called 'A Twist to the tale'. Watch the movie before yawning and saying 'the typical love triangle.'

This blogpost is however not about the movie. Its about a couple of lines in the movie that blew me away, the time I watched it.

(Mathew finds Lisa and is about to dump Rebecca, his fiancee; who loves him)
Matthew: I needed you to know.
Rebecca: Know what? Know what, Matthew? That I'm not the girl who can break your heart?

******

Matthew: When you see something from afar, you develop a fantasy. But when you see it up close, 9 times out of 10, you wish you hadn't.

******

Lisa: Take my picture. I'm feeling beautiful tonight.

(sigh!)

3 Comments:

  • I like the Lisa's dialogue listed at the end of the post...Every woman at some point can relate to this!:)

    By Blogger Vamsee, at 4:37 PM  

  • Vamsee, Thanks! :-) I wil keep that in mind for sure! Might be useful sometime....

    By Blogger Kaushik, at 9:04 PM  

  • "Take my picture. I'm feeling beautiful tonight."

    You can sense a sharp intake of breath each time a woman says this. Thank you.

    By Blogger Revolver, at 10:58 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home