Caught behind but not out!

Sunday, February 26, 2006

The aftertaste

The scent of dawn
A mile away
Time sniffs about
And finds its way
It rings from far
and calls to me.
I roll over
it sings with glee
its ugly song
in offset tones
Oh, that awful drone!

And past the endless chimes
Yawns, sniffles and sighs
I tried to find sleep
My attempts were futile
Dawn beckons,
with gentle rays
tender lips and
a warm embrace

I wake up knowing the battles that lie
And behold the first I march to
Gallant and full of pride
The sword I drew with bristles and foam
To get rid of the aftertaste.

6 Comments:

  • hey ...
    u dont seem like a morning person huh. i love sunrise...its just so awesome ya. the best time to blend with nature...
    but,i agree, what follows i.e, the everyday grind sometimes gets into the nerves.
    happy waking hours buddy!!
    cheers.

    By Blogger nishwish, at 6:13 AM  

  • kaushiki,
    it's awesome...i love it and of course u know that. :) exactly my feelings last saturday morning.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:34 AM  

  • Now dont we all know how you were through the night :-)

    By Blogger Kaushik, at 11:37 AM  

  • Nisha, I love the sunlight, I love the day "Dawn beckons with gentle rays......" This is more about this ugly taste that sticks around in your mouth when you wake up.

    By Blogger Kaushik, at 1:58 PM  

  • hey kau,
    point taken.

    By Blogger nishwish, at 6:17 AM  

  • this is so nice :-)...it kind of reflects my feelings too...especially when something pushes me from behind the bed to get off the aftertaste u say! :-)

    By Blogger Vignesh, at 7:36 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home