Caught behind but not out!

Tuesday, June 20, 2006

Run Kaushik Run!!!@!@$$$$$%E%&&

Today was the day that i decided to conquer all. Conquer the overwhelming power of sleep and the wills of procrastination that prevented me from even trying! I decided to wake up at 5.30 in the morning and run. The alarm rang at 5.30. But having set the clock 10 minutes fast, it was actually 5.20. I cursed my stars for losing out on 10 minutes of sleep (stars are useful especially when u have no one else to curse) The next was warm up session while I brushed my teeth. I found multi tasking as a useful way to save time. I was fighting a battle against the rising sun. I had to complete my conquest before the sun showed up. Damn the socks. I couldn't find them.Perhaps for the reason that they were neatly tucked away in some vague drawer. I wish my mom had told me where they were before she left. Earlier they were strewn all over the place which made it quite convenient for me to pick them up and wear.

I looked out. The streets were empty. I thought to myself that at the stroke of the morning hour, when the town was asleep, Kaushik would run to light and freedom. Nehru would have been proud of me for this. And then I ran. I ran.I ran. I ran. I had images of Forrest as I ran. I thought it might be worthwhile making a movie out of this. Run Kaushik Run- 'the story one man's determination against all odds' (suitable music in the background as this is being said would help) So where was I? ah, yes. I ran. I ran. I ran. For five minutes. Damn, I thought to myself. Einstein was right. TIme does slow down when you move at the speed of light. So while considering the possibilities of time dilation, I decided to take a short break for another 5 minutes. No more breaks. I had to run. And I ran.....for another two minutes by which time my silencer had broken down, so one could probably hear me puff and pant from two blocks away. I consoled myself with the thought that it was probably the body's way of showing its need for fresh air. A much needed break was again taken. I looked at the clock and decided I had enough for the day....but then I cant give up can I ? After all this is the inspirational story of one man's fight against all odds and so I ran again but this time I made sure I was home.

I refused to turn on the fan so that I would still have the beads of sweat trickling down my spine....down my forehead. I would still have with me, the scars of the run. I should stop now, after all it is time for coffee! Ah,and now it suddenly seemed like there was purpose to life itself!

6 Comments:

  • :) me happy.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:33 AM  

  • கௌஷிக், ஓடினான் ஓடினான் வாழ்க்கையின் ஓரத்திற்கே ஓடினான்!!
    வேண்டாமே இந்த முயற்சி நண்பா!!
    நீ எப்போதும் போல் இரு!!!

    By Blogger Vignesh, at 8:21 AM  

  • btw whoz that anonymous?? guess its u?

    By Blogger Vignesh, at 8:22 AM  

  • hehe I know who it is...and not its not me :-)

    By Blogger Kaushik, at 8:57 AM  

  • hey

    By Blogger Kaushik, at 8:58 AM  

  • ur blog was inspiring enough 2 get me started on my work.... cheers

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:57 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home